3M™ Scotchcast™ Conformable Splint 5in
76.2 cm Length, 12.7 cm Width, White, Fiberglass / Polyurethane, Splinting Product Use, 3 to 4 min Set Time, Pre-cut, Latex-Free Yes, For One-Sided Padded Splint Applications, Scotchcast™ Conformable Splint (10 per Case)
Low-profile, one-sided felt padding is less bulky so it molds more easily to the patient for a closer, more conformable fit; All-in-one splint allows for easy application and time savings. Faster application increases patient turnaround; Provides strong, lightweight support in minutes to encourage early patient mobility; Less messy than plaster splints for easy application and faster cleanup; Provides strong, lightweight support in minutes to encourage early patient mobility; Hypoallergenic, water-repellent felt padding dries much more quickly than standard padding; Water-repellent padding promotes ease-of-use and faster application; For use in the construction of common orthopedic splints; Ideal for high volume users such as emergency departments
- Conformable Splint
- Length: 76.2 cm
- Width: 12.7 cm
- Color: White
- Material: Fiberglass / Polyurethane
- Product Use: Splinting
- Set Time: 3 to 4 min
- Form: Pre-cut
- Latex-Free: Yes
- Applications: For One-Sided Padded Splint
- A ready-to-use, highly conformable splint made of layered fibreglass which is pre-padded with a patented water-repellent felt for quicker drying. Prepackaged in a variety of sizes to meet application needs. Covered on one side by an air and moisture permeable non-woven fabric and on the other side by polypropylene felt, which serves as padding. The felt is hypoallergenic, water repellent, and absorbs 60% less water than other splints
- which means less water against patient'
- s skin. The conformable splint comes pre-cut and is available in a variety of prefabricated, individually pouched sizes. This low-profile, pre-padded splint is priced comparably to fibreglass roll splints and is more portable and faster to apply. Exposure of the splints to moisture or water initiates a chemical reaction that causes the splints to become rigid. A finished splint is lightweight, strong and more radiolucent than plaster.